How to Save Time and Money Everyday

In this modern and hectic world everyone seems to be so busy, but there are easy ways to save time, along with making some financial savings as well. This is particularly important if like me you are interested in the financial independence/retire […]

Read more

Simple and Healthy Meals for the Freezer

I have mentioned several times that in a bid to save money, we often eat out of the freezer. For Mr Simple and I this means making healthy meals for the freezer and keeping them for those evenings when you are short […]

Read more

Ten Habits to Make You Rich

Over the life time of this blog I have been making my way through Tom Corley’s thirty habits in his book, Rich Habits Poor Habits. So far I have looked at ten of them, so I thought that it would be a […]

Tagged ,
Read more

Why You Need an Emergency Fund

Accidents happen A few events last September made me realise why we all need an emergency fund. Not long after I returned from my holiday in Italy with my mother someone pulled out of a side road and crashed into my car. […]

Read more

Saving for the Future

Tom Corley’s ninth habit, from his book, Rich Habits Poor Habits, is a building block of financial independence : I will save 10% of my income and live off the remaining 90% In the world of FI/RE 10% is a miniscule amount, […]

Read more